Although this may be obvious to many, I realized today that – especially in troubled times – basic human qualities like courtesy & hospitality are important if we want to get along with our neighbors, solve our collective problems, and live inspired lives. Continue reading
- This is a personal blog, partly inspired by The Basket of Tolerance - a collection of books and other media representing humankind's common wisdom inheritance. Also inspired by The Mummery Book and Not-Two Is Peace.
Tag cloudaddiction alcohol anal anger art beauty being oneself belief betrayal boredom Buddhism celebration Christianity communication community consumerism cooperation cultism culture dance death deception desire destiny devil devotion diet dignity disappointment disillusionment drugs ecstasy emotions ethnicity evil exercise false religion family fear flowers forces forgiveness free energy free will gender giving globalism God guru healing health Hinduism hospitality humor illusion intention intimacy invocation Islam knowing life‑force lifestyle loss love magic mana management meditation middle‑class illusions mind mindfulness money music mysticism mythology native wisdom new age news occultism organizations pain paradox peace perception pleasure politics possessions prayer prejudice pride propaganda psychology puja reception‑release relationships religious tolerance respect retreat ritual satanism scapegoat science service sex sin social wisdom spiritual spiritual practice stress superstition surrender tantra Taoism technology Theosophy tolerance trickster trust vanity voice war water women work yoga
- ismail alaoui on The importance of women, sex, and pleasure in Zen Buddhism: DIRTY and CLEAN IS ABOUT THE INTENTION ! IF ITS EGOCENTRIC THEN...
- jackson hedrick on Swami Muktananda on “coming and going”… also: ego, pride, and the role of the guru: - the guru is the means -
- Claudio Abbott on Sacred ritual, empty ritual, and satanic ritual – a comparative study: When societies all over the world become more complex, we expect...
- BoT Student on J. Krishnamurti, Theosophy, and the fabrication of the new age movement: Hi Agnikan. I don't feel prepared to elaborate on that...
- BoT Student on “Look at me: underestimated from day one.” – Al Pacino as the devil: I am not involved in any way with publishing "The Basket...
- BoT Student on Eeman screens (aka polarity screens, biocircuits) — how they were invented: Yes, I think you may be right about electrical potentials across...
- The importance of courtesy, hospitality, and other small details
- Sacred ritual, empty ritual, and satanic ritual – a comparative study
- C.S. Lewis on friendship, purpose, and male culture
- J. Krishnamurti, Theosophy, and the fabrication of the new age movement
- Alcohol & drugs as poison or medicine: comments by Chögyam Trungpa
- How mind (control) works: perception is shaped by assumption