- This is a personal blog inspired by The Basket of Tolerance - a collection of books and other media representing humankind's common wisdom inheritance. Also inspired by The Mummery Book and Not-Two Is Peace.
Tag cloudaddiction alcohol anal anger art beauty being oneself belief betrayal boredom Buddhism celebration Christianity communication community consumerism cooperation cultism culture dance death deception desire destiny devil devotion diet dignity disappointment disillusionment drugs ecstasy emotions ethnicity evil exercise false religion family fear flowers forces forgiveness free energy free will gender giving globalism God guru healing health Hinduism hospitality humor illusion intention intimacy invocation Islam knowing life‑force lifestyle loss love magic mana management meditation middle‑class illusions mind mindfulness money music mysticism mythology native wisdom new age news occultism organizations pain paradox peace perception pleasure politics possessions prayer prejudice pride propaganda psychology reception‑release relationships religious tolerance respect retreat ritual scapegoat science service sex sin social wisdom spiritual practice stress superstition surrender tantra Taoism technology Theosophy tolerance trickster trust vanity voice war water women work yoga
- BoT Student on “Look at me: underestimated from day one.” – Al Pacino as the devil: I am not involved in any way with publishing "The Basket of Tolerance";...
- BoT Student on Eeman screens (aka polarity screens, biocircuits) — how they were invented: Yes, I think you may be right about electrical potentials across the body....
- john on Eeman screens (aka polarity screens, biocircuits) — how they were invented: I believe that the actual mechanism for eeman screens is the electrical potentials...
- ChoosetobeAnonoymous on Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and religious tolerance: These are fairly interesting questions. One way I would see this that even...
- R. Dhandayudhapani on Beauty is an expression of God – The Mother: Best post & "MIRA" - THE BEAUTY OF GOD
- Nathan on Carlos Castaneda on scary teachers, “black magic”, and freedom: Yes, lets stop talking to ourselves, and let the voice of our true...
- The importance of courtesy, hospitality, and other small details
- C.S. Lewis on friendship, purpose, and male culture
- J. Krishnamurti, Theosophy, and the fabrication of the “new age” movement
- Alcohol & drugs as poison or medicine: comments by Chögyam Trungpa
- How mind (control) works: perception is shaped by assumption
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – a beautiful interpretation by Emmet Fox
Monthly Archives: May 2011
If you have ever encountered anyone — or any organization — that seemed incompetent, or if you wish to remain competent yourself, I highly recommend reading the next paragraphs, and perhaps getting a copy of this famous book: “When I … Continue reading
I don’t know much about jazz, but I know I like “My Favorite Things” by John Coltrane. At first it seems sweet and simple, like an ice cream cone. But it also has solemnity, like a Gregorian chant. And joyfulness … Continue reading
This past weekend I went on a two-day meditation retreat… something I hadn’t done in a while. It was shocking to rediscover that it’s possible to relax with other human beings without trying to figure things out, solve problems, or … Continue reading
Yes, gentle reader, I’m also an expert in what women want. Actually, no… But I’ve found a quote from someone who might be. Here’s a few remarks from Dr. John Gray about what women (and men) want: Men mistakenly expect … Continue reading