- Articles & quotes inspired by The Basket of Tolerance - a collection of books and other media representing humankind's common wisdom inheritance. This is a personal blog.
Email signup (articles only; no spam):Loading...
Tag cloudaddiction alcohol anal anger apocalypse art beauty being oneself belief betrayal boredom Buddhism celebration Christianity communication community consumerism cooperation cultism culture dance death deception desire destiny devil devotion diet dignity disappointment disillusionment drugs ecstasy emotions ethnicity evil exercise false religion family fear flowers forces forgiveness free energy free will gender giving globalism God guru healing health Hinduism hospitality humor illusion incompetence intention intimacy invocation Islam jazz knowing life‑force lifestyle loss love magic mana management meditation middle‑class illusions mind mindfulness money music mysticism mythology native wisdom new age news occultism oedipal organizations pain paradox peace perception pleasure politics possessions prayer prejudice pride propaganda psychology reception‑release relationships religious tolerance respect retreat ritual scapegoat science service sex sin social wisdom spiritual practice stress superstition surrender tantra Taoism technology Theosophy tolerance trickster trust vanity voice war water women work yoga
- BoT Student on “Look at me: underestimated from day one.” – Al Pacino as the devil: I am not involved in any way with publishing...
- BoT Student on Eeman screens (aka polarity screens, biocircuits) — how they were invented: Yes, I think you may be right about electrical...
- john on Eeman screens (aka polarity screens, biocircuits) — how they were invented: I believe that the actual mechanism for eeman screens...
- ChoosetobeAnonoymous on Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and religious tolerance: These are fairly interesting questions. One way I would...
- The importance of courtesy, hospitality, and other small details
- C.S. Lewis on friendship, purpose, and male culture
- J. Krishnamurti, Theosophy, and the fabrication of the “new age” movement
- Alcohol & drugs as poison or medicine: comments by Chögyam Trungpa
- How mind (control) works: perception is shaped by assumption
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – a beautiful interpretation by Emmet Fox
Tag Archives: addiction
I just found out that an old friend of mine went insane. I hope it’s temporary. I knew he was leaning in that direction (is it okay to say that?) but I’m told one day he finally went nuts, the … Continue reading
I love having a blog again. So yesterday a good friend dropped by to offer a 10 minute massage to me and a couple friends. We got to chatting, and he mentioned he’s been doing own-body sexual yoga* the past … Continue reading
“[It] turns me on because it’s real.” – Madonna There are times, gentle reader, when I think that the entire purpose of my life is to ensnare some member of the opposite sex, and have that person fulfill me sexually, … Continue reading
I’m not an addict, obviously, and I’m sure you’re not either. We’re much too sophisticated for that — too educated, too experienced, too full of spiritual wisdom. You and I are on top of things; we’re making our way in … Continue reading
Are we making good use of our lives, and being genuine? What follows is part of a Buddhist supplication, written in the 1800s, that touches on these issues: “There is no one on earth who will not die. Even now, … Continue reading